COVID-19 Travel Medical Insurance covers illness (including Coronavirus) or injury while traveling outside your home country.
What Expenses are Covered by COVID-19 Travel Medical Insurance?
- Medically Necessary COVID-19 Testing - A test prescribed by a physician that is performed after your effective date of coverage and after you depart your home country is a covered medical expense.
- Treatment for COVID-19 whether inpatient or outpatient.
- In order for medical expenses to be covered, the insured must contract Coronavirus after the insurance plan is effective and the insured is outside their home country.
Other Covered Medical Expenses
- Travel Medical Insurance covers illness or injury, medical evacuation, repatriation of remains. In some plans travel delays, and lost luggage are covered losses.
- You can select benefit level and deductible amount. Benefit levels from $50,000 to $2,000,000 are available on plans which cover COVID-19. Deductible amount can be from $0 to $5,000.
Not all Travel Medical Plans Cover COVID-19 - These plans cover COVID-19
- It's important to understand not all travel medical plans cover COVID-19. These plans cover COVID-19:
- If you want to compare benefits of Travel Medical Plans that cover COVID-19 select the HCC Atlas Travel, Trawick, IMG Patriot America Plus and IMG Patriot Platinum on this page: Compare Travel Medical
ALL of our International Student and Scholar Insurance Plans Cover COVID-19
- If you are an international student or scholar ALL of the plans on our Student and Scholar Page cover COVID-19.
ALL of our Trip Insurance Plans Cover COVID-19
- Trip Insurance covers medical costs and also covers your trip costs, like air tickets, cruises, hotel costs.
- Trip insurance is for people with a US residence address and can be used for domestic or international travel.
- If you are concerned about protecting from travel disruptions each plan lists the types of disruptions covered. To be covered for ANY REASON look at Travel LX.
- If you want to compare benefits of Trip Insurance Plans that cover COVID-19 select the iTravelInsured Travel Lite, iTravelInsured Travel SE, iTravelInsured Travel LX on this page: Compare Trip Coverage
How Much Will COVID-19 Travel Medical Insurance cost?
- You can customize a plan to meet your needs. There are plans that cost less than $1/day for many people. The cost will depend on where you are traveling to, your age, and the benefit level you choose.
- Many people that are concerned about COVID-19 coverage are buying higher benefit levels to make sure they are protected in the event of a longer hospital stay.
- Sometimes COVID-19 Travel Medical Insurance can be confusing. If you would like help finding a plan to meet your needs, Contact Us.