J Visa Holders Guide to Health Insurance
The Basic J1 Visa Insurance Requirements are:
Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness;
Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;
Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of exchange visitors to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000; and
Deductibles not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
The US Department of State requires all Exchange Visitors (anyone coming to the US on a J Visa) to maintain adequate health insurance for the full time of your trip. There are a number of detailed requirements in addition to the main requirements listed above. At TaiAn we specialize in helping international visitors meet their insurance needs, so we can guide you to plans that meet all J1 visa insurance requirements. Our plans are also available to meet your J2 Visa Insurance needs. In many cases the J2 visa holder can buy alone if the J1 visa holder has other coverage.
Some J Visa Sponsors Have Different J Visa Health Insurance Requirements
Sometimes the school or organization sponsoring your visa will have their own list of insurance requirements. You will need to meet both the Basic requirements and your sponsors requirements. You can look up your sponsors requirements here: Sponsor Requirement lookup
How to Find the Right J Visa Insurance Plan For You
1) You can use the Sponsor Requirement lookup
2) We have a webpage that compares plans where ALL of the plans available through that page meet ALL J visa insurance requirements here: Compare Plans
3) You can contact TaiAn by phone or email, tell us your visa sponsor, we can tell you what plans are available to you: Contact TaiAn
TaiAn's Special Services For You
- For our most popular J1 visa insurance plans we offer a 10% discount for individuals that join a special TaiAn Group plan: Learn about TaiAn Group Plan
- If you have a dependent child under 10 we have several family plans that offer coverage for an adult and a child for the same premium as the adult alone - no extra premium for your child to be included in your coverage.
- If you have a compliance form for your school to show you have insurance that meets their requirements we will help you complete the compliance form.
- TaiAn maintains 7 day a week extended service hours to best meet your needs.